Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kinpira

I was stumped for dinner ideas tonight. I like trying something new if I can, but I also try and make it quick and easy for me to do. Had extra celery left over (always do...and it tends to always go to waste), so I decided to make a fancy side of kinpira along with some tofu and rice. I never sauted celery before, but heard it was yummy. So why not?


1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 stalks of celery
1/2 red onion
1 cup of kale
salt
pepper


Chop up your veggies, saute them in extra virgin olive oil, and then salt and pepper to taste. Very quick side that turned out incredibly delicious. So simple, and now my celery will never go to waste! Most root veggies will work for this. I think I'll use a bit of daikon tomorrow since I have one left.

No comments:

Post a Comment